超越了“的传统形象butter chicken and paneer tikka"eating country,事实上，印度有着令人惊异的美丽万花筒般的美妙味道，香料和味道，清楚地定义了它的起源地。This 15th August,当我们的国家庆祝第72个独立日时，I took the opportunity to curate a special Freedom Thali for Instagram feed,that represents true color and flavour of India.我谦虚地试图把所有的味道都藏在三色之下，often many of them are poorly represented in mainstream Indian cuisine.
If you are not following me on Instagram,那我就恳切地请求你follow my feeds on Instagram,as I publish totally different content,curated and created specifically for Instagram.Instagram就像是blog ella"(no,there is no such words exists,I made up this one,like novel and novella) to me.
我试过把一些不太出名的地方菜放进去，跳过了那些老套的，and cooked up a five course meal comprising dishes from each region,at the same time I regret about the fact that I could not manage to include every states in its fold.
从开始北方–Kashmiri sabz pulaois one of my favourite way to cookpulao,with aromatic spices,veggies,apricots,李子和其他干果，这道菜在任何铺开的丰盛的饭菜中总是一颗宝石。
忽略了无处不在的旁遮普霍乱，I had opted for the all time favouritePunjabi Dal tadka,我最喜欢的一种烹饪方法也是在特殊场合。
From the vast range of""上卡哈纳"我选择了我最喜欢的那些-Banarasi Khasta Kachori/Bedmi Puri和Mathura Ke Dubki Wale Aloo.Kachori and aloo ki sabzi is quite common street food across many parts of India but nothing beats that Mathura ke dubki wale aloo with its distinct flavour.自从我发现了这种特别的土豆咖喱，I am almost hooked to this.
FromEastI have chosenbetway88.com孟加拉开始了巴哈or fried eggplants.Ridiculously simple and spartan.从常绿植物Posto et Al – I have chosen波托尔波索,the one we prepare with pointed gourd,忽视名人aloo postothat is almost a stereo typical representation of the state.对，除了鱼和罗斯霍科拉之外，孟加拉还有很多美食。
FromNorth East– I have chosen steamed Momo.The one food from that region which has successfully invaded the mainstream Indian cuisine and loved by all.Wish I had known few more dishes from that region but I am totally blank about it.探索东北美食也是我未来的目标之一。
FromWest– my favouriteRajasthani Gatte Ki Sabzithat I had learned to make eons ago.And we totally loved this dish in our family.
Gujarati kadhi-that beautifully complement and complete this freedom thali.
Goanese sol kadhi or futi kadhi没有椰子汁的那个。我的储藏室里有大量的kokum树叶，我真的不知道怎么用那么多kokum。Sol kadhi feel so refreshing and rejuvenating after a day of hard work.
FromSouth– there is so much to explore and share.Because of time constraints and other factors I had opted forParippu Usili,,so simple with basic flavours.每当我对我的普通豆沙感到厌烦的时候，我总是伸出手来吃这道绿豆菜。
And拉萨姆– an important part of anySouth Indian meal.We love the basic tomato rasam in our house and this time I had tried out this Milagu rasam or pepper rasam.We totally loved it.
从中心-查提斯加尔邦——没多少人知道我属于这个美丽、翠绿的印度中央邦。Having been brought up there ( spent 20 years of my life there) I had watched closely the lives of Chattisgarhi people,mostly tribals.Food of Chattisgarh is mostly tribal cuisine,with staples like boiled rice,tamarind water,bamboo shoots,wild mushrooms,sometimes jungle fowl or kadaknaath chicken – an indigenous breed of that region and red ant chutney.
However the state's culinary culture is also vastly influenced by people of neighbouring states who had came here seeking livelihood.Andhra,Odisha,Bengal and people from various regions of north India has greatly influenced the Chattisgarh cuisine.
For obvious reasons recreating the tribal cuisine is beyond my scope,hence opted out for this ridiculously simple snacks called Farra,made usually with rice flour and leftover cooked rice.小笼水饺就要蒸了，lightly sautéed on pan with some tadka and enjoys with green chutney.
It is customary to finish an Indian meal on sweet note,hence chosen this ancient dessert of our country called paramanno or kheer.This time it ismillet kheer.
Millets are one of the few ancient and indigenous grain of our country.但由于社会文化的原因，经济，political and industrial advancement we had lost our touch with this healthy grains.Instead adopted the staples that were once foreign to this soil.
Millets score low on ease of cooking,taste,bland flavours and it's struggling to find a hold on people' s advanced palate.Honestly,I had tried fox tail,ragi and little millet number of times and each time I had tried hard to make it delectable,但是唉！I was yet to fall in love with the millet….when I got an invitation from prestigious IHM for a food tasting session on Uttarakhand food festival.This Uttarakhand food festival was part of promoting regional cuisine under the theme""ek bharat shreshta bharat"of dept of tourism and national council.
除了平常的饭菜，what caught my attention there was this –"Jhangore Ki Kheer“.Jhangore is barnyard millet,native to that region and that kheer ultimately changed my perceptions towards millets forever.kheer被注入螺旋松和玫瑰花瓣，millets were literally melt in mouth and not the grainy kind and was delicious to the core.I could never imagined millet kheer could taste that heavenly.
As I could not procure barnyard millets,I had tried out the same recipe with fox tail as well as little millets.The secret lies in cooking the millet to perfection.
- Millet of your choice (or barnyard,fox tail,little millet) : ¼ cup
- Water : 3 cups
- Milk : 500ml
- Dried fruits (roasted ashews,pistachios,almonds,raisins) : a generous handful
- Sugar / jaggery : ¼ cup +/- depending upon the sweetness and type of sugar used
- Saffron strands : few
- Cardamom powder : a large pinch
- Bay leaf : 2
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
- Wash and dry roast the millet on a griddle till it leaves a nutty aroma.
- You can directly boil the millet in milk also,in that case you are going to need more milk.
- I prefer to use partially boiled or half boiled millet for kheer.
- Cook the millet in water as given the measures in open pan or pressure cooker.
- In open pan it will take around 20 minute.
- Once the millets are almost half done and cooked,把水排干，小米留着待用。
- In a deep bottom pan bring the milk to boil.
- Add the millet,along with bay leaves and cardamom powder.
- Cook (on medium low heat) till the milk reduce to almost half and by that time millet should be fluffy and fully cooked through.
- Keep stirring in between every 3-4 minute,else millets and milk will become separate.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan,加热酥油，炒腰果，raisins,almonds,pistachios till nicely browned.
- Add the sugar and roasted dry fruits to the millet.Continue cooking on low heat till nuts become little soft.Add more warm milk at this stage if requires.
- 好好搅动一下，看看是否一切都很好。Switch off the heat.
- Millets should be soft and fluffy and should not get separated from milk.
- 如果你使用Jaggery，then add that now,because if you continue cooking the milk with jaggery,it will curdle.
- Add the essence,saffron,关上盖子，放一个小时。
- Serve warm.
- If you are going to keep that in the fridge,then remember to warm the millet kheer before serving.
- Cold millet kheer wont taste that good.